Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Workout

I've gotten quite a few facebook messages asking me what exactly my trainer has me do when we meet.  Well, it's hard to say...he switches it up a lot (thank goodness, I get bored easily) so while it's always different, it's always challenging.  The consistent pieces are: 5-10 minute warm-up (usually walking on the treadmill or biking), 30ish minutes with my trainer, 5 minute cardio cool down, and stretching.

As an example of the hellacious and awesome 30 minute training sessions, here's what we did today:

300.  It's a beey-otch.

My face after the workout.  Sans beard, of course.
This workout, to me, was like doing taxes...while it's happening, part of you wants to die.  It's taxing (no pun intended) and exhausting, but when you're done, you're SO HAPPY, you feel accomplished, and you're proud that you got through it without crying.  Also, you're not dead, which is a miracle.  (Ok, it wasn't THAT bad...but dang, it was tiring).
I can almost guarantee there is rum in that coffee mug.
Here's the breakdown:

20 squats (no added weight, thank God, just the bar, which I think weighs 45lbs)

I picked this photo because I find it hilarious that she is doing squats topless.  Put your junk away, lady.
20 bench presses (again, mercifully, with no added weight, just the bar)
Above: You're doing it wrong.
20 lat pulldowns (or is it overhead rows?  It's not with the big bar, it's with the little row handle...whatever it's called)
Owwwwwwww
20 burpees (now, since I'm new to burpees, I get to "cheat" a little and do them on a bench, which is amazing because they are hard enough as it is)
It was 20 x 3, and I wanted to die no less than 8 times.

20 seated rows

I wonder if this guy uses self tanner.

Do it three times.  Timed.  Try not to die.  My time was 23 minutes and I can't remember how many seconds.  It doesn't sound unbelievably challenging when I write it out...but I encourage you to try it, and prepare for an unexpected ass kicking!  It's EXHAUSTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment