Monday, June 9, 2014

Progress Update, Yo!

So I'm 4 weeks in with my nutritionist and 6 weeks in with my trainer, and I thought I should give a quantitative update as to how this is all going.

As of this afternoon at my nutritionist appointment, here's the breakdown:

Things I've lost over the past month to six weeks:

13.6lbs, 8.5 of which is fat
3.5 inches around my waist
2 inches of booty
Almost a full cup size

Things I've gained over the past month to six weeks (not quantitative, but still just as important):

Energy
New found self-respect
Pride in myself and belief in my abilities
A half pound of muscle
4 pounds of water (which, for me, is a good thing...even with the oodles of water I drink, apparently I'm chronically dehydrated)

Ok, this I will use as my "before" pic.  Because it is before I started any of this (like a year before, but still) and it is probably the least flattering photo of me ever taken.
Me, with my gorgeous sister, thinking deep thoughts in Fish Creek.

Yes, I'm sitting down and yes, I'm partially covered by a purse, but I don't care.  It's unflattering, old, and pre-fitness routine, so I'm using it, dammit.

Trespassing asparagus thieves, 2013.
Well then, here's another one from the same era (same weekend, actually, Memorial Day 2013).  I love this photo, but again, not so flattering.


This is what I looked like today:

Taco doesn't need to lose weight, but he's so cute he'll probably be in most of my photos.  You're welcome, world.
 Not that much different, to be sure.  And post workout, my hair looks like Conan O'Brien's (not a good look for me).  But the tiny changes I do see in my body are so gratifying.  

Baby steps, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment